Saturday, September 03, 2005

New Orleans - The Scum also Rises

Once again I am amazed at how low some people will go. I think I am at the point where, for me, the term civil rights leader is starting to mean a self-indulgent charlatan who somehow has obtained a pass from the media to say the most outrageous, disgusting and reprehensible things.

I am speaking, of course, of something that I am quite sure had never even entered the thoughts of the vast majority of Americans out there: the idea that somehow New Orleans got short changed on assistance with the hurricane because the majority of its citizens are black. When I first heard this theory myself I was flabbergasted. It had never dawned on me that anyone could possibly make this into a racial issue. I forget, however, that I don’t think like those people, the professionally indignant class, and the race baiters. I don’t make a living out of spewing the vilest racist garbage and somehow building myself up in the process. The latest purveyor of this idiocy is Randall Robinson. You can read his words here on the link below they are outrageous:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/randall-robinson/new-orleans_b_6643.html

There was a time in this country when use of the word “nigger” was somewhat commonplace. We are now in a time where not only is it considered virtually unmentionable, but the vast majority of people dismiss anyone who uses it out of hand. I am quite sure some of you were even surprised to see I typed it out rather than writing “the n word”. I would like to get to this point with people like Randall Robinson. There is no one in the KKK who has a regular column in a major newspaper that I am aware of. Society has said, thanks, but no thanks, we really would prefer not to hear from you. I wish we could get to the same point with people like Randall Robinson. His actions are vile. He seeks self-aggrandizement through righteous indignation. Piety. He sees racism in everything and feels superior to others because he can point it out. He doesn’t care if he has to demean his entire country in the process; all is to be sacrificed so that he can feel righteous. It is pathetic. Mr. Robinson is not a leader of any kind. He is someone who somehow has gotten through life without recognizing that righteous indignation is one of the few emotions that never lets you down. You can always call it forth. It will always make you feel better in your own mind because you are more pure, more just. Somehow, most of us recognize this trap by the time we leave our mid twenties. That tearing down other people to make one feel good is wrong. That all that moral virtue we had was an illusion; it was piety, not purity. It was arrogance mistaken as wisdom. Sadly, Mr. Randall is far beyond his twenties and still has not learned this. Maybe it is time for those of us who have to say to him and others like him “Please sir, go away. You aren’t virtuous you are inane. Find another way to feel superior, but don’t disparage me or my country to do so”.

In my fondest dream all the race baiters are self-exiled to a small island because no one will listen to their droning anymore. There they sit, cheating each other at cards and vying for whom among them is the most virtuous. Their incessant muttering, as they shuffle the deck, about who did them wrong annoying each other to the point where their faces screw up, year after year getting more distorted. Then they can sit and look at each other and see how ugly they truly are on that little island, removed from all of us.

2 Comments:

Blogger not specified said...

You can almost never go wrong in our "Nation of Victims" by telling people that someone has done something to them that requires compensation. The sad thing is when this becomes concretized as a way of life and instead of saying "I need to do something," people are taught to say, "the government needs to do something." What a recipe for societal disaster.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Daniel said...

The island that the proffesionally idignant are banished to could also be the site for a great new reality tv show. I might actually watch that one.

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home