Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Uggg

Ok, so far it looks like I was wrong on my prediction, at least with the house. I cannot believe we are going to have to be hearing from the likes of Pelosi for at least two years. Anyway, I am looking at it this way: look at what it took for the Dems to win. They had to gin up the Foley idiocy, they had to have the press so in the tank for them it was a little ridiculous and they had to have a vastly disproportionate number of contested Republican seats as compared to contested Democratic seats. I mean the Dems did win the house, got to give them that, but I just don’t see it as quite the full validation of their views as they might. The proof will be in the pudding though at this point. If the Democrats really beleave that their taking control of the house is an endorsement of their position on Iraq, then lets see them withdraw funding for the war immediately. They have been talking the talk long enough, and now they have the power to walk the walk. I doubt very much that will happen, I think frankly they don’t give a rip about the war and will simply use it as a way to beat up on Bush for two years in an attempt to get Hillary in in 2008.

Anyway, that’s my take on the whole thing. Call me a Kool Aid drinker if you will. Frankly right about now Id gladly have a glass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home